Our vision is to empower kids to impact the world for good through entrepreneurial endeavours.
Our mentors and volunteers consist of a wide range of individuals contributing varied skill sets to Club Kidpreneur’s programs and activities. These include: entrepreneurs, business people, teachers, educators, childcare professionals, parents, business coaches and community workers.
Here are just some of the ways you can contribute as a volunteer mentor:
- Introduce the Club Kidpreneur program to your local school or even your old primary school
- Facilitate the Ready-Set-Go program within a community group in your local area
- Arrange stall space at local markets to allow kidpreneurs to sell their products
- Attend local markets to mentor kidpreneurs as they sell their products
- Mentor and support a school participating in the CK Challenge
- Help to build and develop the Club Kidpreneneur mentor/volunteer community
If you are interested in sharing your skills, experience and passion with a new generation of budding kidpreneurs we’d love to hear from you. Register your details here to receive information about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Club Kidpreneur Code of Conduct for Staff and Volunteers
All employees and volunteers are required to read, understand and sign this code of conduct indicating that they agree to act in accordance with the entirety of its contents. Any employee or volunteer who does not meet the standards in this code may be subject to performance management or discipline appropriate to the circumstances which may include termination of employment or services as a volunteer.
1. Commitment to Club Kidpreneur mission, values and organisational culture – All employees and volunteers agree to always conduct according to Club Kidpreneur’s culture at all times.
2. Compliance with Australian legislation – All employees and volunteers are expected to abide by Australian laws and not take any action in violation of local, state or national legislation. You agree to ask a Club Kidpreneur Head Office representative for guidance if you are unsure whether your behaviour complies with Australian law.
4. Safety – Club Kidpreneur is committed to the safety of all persons involved in its programs and activities. You agree that you will comply with the OHS Policy and will not verbally or physically abuse, intimidate or otherwise harm any person involved with Club Kidpreneur. You agree that you will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of kidpreneurs and fellow volunteers/staff.
5. Child Protection Policy – Club Kidpreneur is committed to the safety of all our kidpreneurs when they are attending a program. As a staff member or volunteer agree that you:
a. Will care for kidpreneurs in a safe and responsible manner at all times, and in accordance with the instructions and training provided by Club Kidpreneur.
b. Will protect each child’s safety by ensuring two adults are supervising at all times and that one of those adults is a Club Kidpreneur representative.
c. Will role model positive language and behaviours.
d. Will establish and maintain appropriate boundaries with young people, especially being mindful of boundaries surrounding physical contact.
e. When with a child you will ensure that you are in public view wherever possible.
f. Will notify a CK representative if you are encountering inappropriate behaviours from kidpreneurs or fellow volunteers/staff.
g. Will immediately notify a Club Kidpreneur representative if a young person discloses information indicating they think they may be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect.
h. Will not take photos or video footage of kidpreneurs without written parental permission and will only take photos in common areas.
i. Will not use inappropriate language in the presence of kidpreneurs.
j. Will not give out any of your personal contact details including address or phone number to kidpreneurs.
k. Will not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol or take illegal drugs in the presence of, nor provide these to kidpreneurs.
l. Will not provide kidpreneurs or other adults with medication including over-the-counter medications such as Panadol. (This item excepts designated medical staff/ official first aid officers)
m. Will not physically, sexually, emotionally abuse or neglect a kidpreneur. Details of behaviours considered abuse or neglect are stated in the Child Protection Policy.
n. Will not attend a Club Kidpreneur program if you are unwell with a communicable illness such as the flu, or have been in contact with chicken pox, measles or shingles within a three-week period prior to the date of the program. If the relevant Club Kidpreneur representative ascertains that a volunteers health poses a risk to any member(s) of the Club Kidpreneur program, they may be asked to leave.
6. Human rights and equal opportunity – You agree to treat all persons involved with Club Kidpreneur with respect, fair treatment and not to engage in any type of discriminatory behaviour against another person whilst representing Club Kidpreneur.
7. Honesty & integrity – You agree to act honestly and with integrity at all times when representing Club Kidpreneur. Employees or volunteers who have access to Club Kidpreneur funds or who handle cash on behalf of Club Kidpreneur agree to act honestly and not steal or transfer funds without proper approval. You agree to submit accurate expenses and to report any fraudulent activities that you may become aware of.
I have read, understood and agree to comply with this Code of Conduct for Club Kidpreneur Volunteers and Staff including the Child Protection Policy contained within. I understand that failure to comply with this policy may result in performance management, removal from a Club Kidpreneur program and/or disciplinary action being taken against me, including possible termination of my services/employment.